August Garden Tasks
- Hold off on any planned transplanting until cooler fall weather.
- Hold of pruning trees shrubs roses until next spring.
- Continue deadheading annuals and perennials to prolog blooming.
- Plant spinach, Swiss card, radishes, and lettuce seed for a fall crop.
- Continue watering as needed.
not already done apply organic mulch around trees and shrubs to conserve
moisture and prevent weeds.
- Rambler roses can be pruned after they have finished flowering.
- The lawn can be mown regularly.
- The edges of the lawn can be tied up by trimming back any herbaceous
plants that encroach on the lawn.
- Lawns will need watering in long dry
spells; however this can be done in the early evenings to conserve water.
- Remember when planting not to plant too deep.