June Garden Tasks
- Apply mulch around trees and shrubs. Apply no more than 3".
- Watch for watering needs.
- Prune rhododendrons and azaleas and pinch off old buds when they finish
- Remove tree wraps which may have been applied in the fall. This avoids excessive
- Mulch the vegetable garden with compost to help retain water and add nutrients.
- Prune hedges making sure the top is thinner than the bottom.
- Divide large clumps of daffodils and spread throughout your gardens.
- Cover strawberries to protect from birds.
- Spread a tin layer of compost over lawn to help reduce thatch build up.
- Plant tender vegetable early in the month.
- Plant annuals.
- Stake tall growing perennials to prevent them from falling over.
- Prune Hedges.
- Remember to mow lawns when dry to prevent spreading any diseases.