Skip to content
- Plant spring flowering bulbs.
- Spring flowering plants may be planted for filling the spaces between shrubs with color.
- During dry periods ensure that sufficient water is available for good bud formation in spring flowering plants.
- To protect tender shrubs in outdoor tubs during the winter, straw can be lightly packed around the foliage, held in place with canes and string.
- Continue watering as needed.
- Now that the mowing has been finished for the year, the mower can be cleaned up, oiled and stored away.
- Continue fall leaf clean up.
- Deciduous hedging plants which are bare-rooted may be planted between now and early spring (provided that the ground is not frozen). Trim back excessively long or damaged roots before planting.